Not every company can afford the services of a public relations agency.
Well now you can do your own public relations effectively and inexpensively!
How To Manipulate the Media
For Fun and Profit
Veteran television anchorman Tom Zalaski takes you behind the scenes of your local television station newsrooms, newspapers and radio stations and shows you how to deal with the media in times of crisis and also how to get them to cover the positive news your company generates.
Here is a look at the real-world daily operation of the news business and how you can make important and valuable contacts with media decision-makers. The information, stories and examples will show you how to take a proactive approach whether it's to prevent a corporate public relations disaster or to promote your company's products and personnel.
You'll find tips and solid, no-nonsense, to-the-point advice to transform you from media worrier to warrior!
What would it be worth to your company
(not to mention your boss!) if you knew:
- Why many wonderful, positive stories don't get coverage.
- Common-sense steps to take when the media get wind of a story that has the potential of resulting in negative public relations.
- How to predict when the media will call.
- Why some press releases gets tossed into the trash sometimes even before they are opened!
- How to write the can’t-miss press release that will pique the media's interest.
- The two words you should never say to a reporter or camera.
- How to get the media to call upon you as spokesperson, authority and resource for your industry.
- Interview Techniques
- Lessons from Martha Stewart and Michael Vick
- How to get free publicity
- The best and worst times to schedule events you'd like to get covered.
- Stories of public relations blunders that turned disastrous when they didn't have to! They'll have you shaking your head! You'll laugh! You'll be amazed!
FOR MORE THAN 30 YEARS TOM ZALASKI HAS BEEN INSIDE
TELEVISION NEWSROOMS, INVOLVED IN THE DAILY
MEETINGS WHERE THE DECISIONS ARE MADE AS TO WHAT
WILL AND WHAT WILL NOT GET COVERED, HOW THE STORY
WILL BE COVERED AND WHY SOME STORIES GET IGNORED!
EACH NIGHT HE IS ON THE AIR DELIVERING THESE STORIES.
HE'S ON THE INSIDE! LET HIM TAKE YOU INSIDE!
TRANSFORM YOURSELF FROM MEDIA WORRIER TO MEDIA WARRIOR!
Click above to buy on Amazon for $7.95!
Publisher: Tom Zalaski Productions
Specs: 230 pages, Paperback